Human Resource Professionals have a very challenging and exciting opportunity to add value to the profession and implement best practices to achieve business objectives. Here is how a GSMSHRM membership can benefit you and your organizational role to deliver the best possible HR services and solutions:
- Networking – Members of the Greater Southeast Michigan Society for Human Resource Management are given the opportunity to increase their scope of resources by sharing problems and solutions with other members.
- Informative Meetings – By attending our bi-monthly meetings, you can advance your HR knowledge and maintain a continuous learning environment for your role as HR professional development. Meetings are conveniently held at the La-Z-Boy Center at Monroe County Community College. Topics cover a diverse range of timely HR topics to ensure you receive useful and valuable information. Most, if not all meetings, are HRCI certified.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Serve on the Board of Directors as an elected officer (president, vice-president, treasurer or secretary), or as a committee chair. The benefits of being a volunteer include experience, achievement, recognition, satisfaction through helping others, self-expression, professional competence, certification and networking.
- Job Search Network – Regional human resource job opportunities are posted.
- Access to GSMSHRM Membership Directory – Members have exclusive access to the GSMSHRM Membership Directory which helps to facilitate networking with your fellow SE Michigan HR Professionals.
- Membership Dues – are $30 annually with a SHRM National Membership and $60 annually without a SHRM National Membership.
- Student Membership – individuals who are enrolled as a full-time or part-time student at freshman level or higher, with verification from a college or university, that they have a demonstrated interest in human resource management subjects or is in a human resource degree producing program may be granted a student membership, at no cost to the student, once they have successfully completed the application process.
If you have questions regarding membership in GSMSHRM, please send an email to Membership@gsmshrm.org.
Our Annual Membership is based on a calendar year (January 1st through December 31st). If you join GSMSHRM in October, November or December your membership will go into effect for the upcoming year immediately giving you 1-3 months free.
Once the application is completed, a receipt will be e-mailed to you. When your payment is received, your membership will be activated. The Membership team will e-mail the new members their user names and passwords.