Consumers @Work provides new hire onboarding assistance and financial wellness opportunities to all employees on your company’s behalf.
We offer simple ways to ensure all employees have easy access to a standard bank account to eliminate the need for a paycard/paper paycheck and to reduce the workload of your payroll staff.
Name: Scott Dobson
CredentialCheck is a business partner focused on compliance through our robust suite of pre-employment background screening and drug testing services. We value integrity and quality as strong pillars of our organization and assist clients globally with hiring and retaining the best talent through services designed to identify the same core values in applicants. We are a Consumer Reporting Agency that is accredited through the National Association of Professional Background Screeners and have reliably served our clients and their applicants with our 100% US-based team since 1984.
- CredentialCheck is 100% Michigan based and services customers in all 50 states
- CredentialCheck is accredited by the NAPBS (National Association of Background Screeners) only 3% of firms are accredited
- CredentialCheck integrates with over a dozen different applicant tracking systems including: iCIMS, Ultipro, WorkDay, SilkRoad, ADP, SAP, Taleo and talentReef
- CredentialCheck offers background screening and drug testing as well as verifications of education, employment and motor vehicle reports
- CredentialCheck does not require a startup or implementation fee – simply pay for the background checks in the month they are processed
Name: Ryan Cowsert
Phone: (248) 526-5213
James is a business attorney who counsels business owners, serial entrepreneurs, C-suite executives, in-house counsel, and human resources directors to make strategic business decisions, from hiring to firing while complying with the ever changing and overlapping laws (including the ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, NLRA, and Title VII). He brings a business and proactive approach to legal matters to help employers make strategic business decisions to minimize the potential for litigation and business disruption. When litigation becomes necessary, he enforces restrictive covenants and defends employers against charges filed with the EEOC, state, and federal agencies. James regularly conducts audits and investigations into employers’ wage and hour practices and claims of discrimination and harassment. He provides training and prepares employment documents (including employee handbooks, employment agreements, and separation agreements) to cover all aspects during the life cycle of an employee. James is also a renowned keynote and national speaker at conferences and events including the American Payroll Association, SHRM, and HR Day.
Name: James M. Reid, IV
Phone: (248) 203-1646
Health Alliance Plan is a Michigan based non-profit health insurance company. A trusted healthcare partner for more than 50 years. We provide health coverage to individuals, companies and organizations. We partner with doctors, employers and community groups to enhance the overall health and well-being of the lives we touch.
Name: Christine Larkins
HealthBridge is reimagining the way the healthcare ecosystem addresses the growing financial burden of patients’ copayments, coinsurance and deductibles for the millions of Americans enrolled in an employer sponsored health plan. HealthBridge brings a unique solution to one of America's fastest growing problems --- healthcare affordability --- and creates a first-of-its-kind employee benefit plan that acts as a financial security net for employees and their covered dependents experiencing medical out-of-pocket expenses.
Name: Dana Nicholson
At Keyser Insurance Group, protecting people is our passion. Headquartered in Kalamazoo, we are a group of agencies providing benefits, HR consulting, insurance and surety services to individuals, corporations and organizations throughout Michigan and Florida. Our experienced Employee Benefits team helps HR professionals from companies of all sizes develop strategies that are effective for employers and employees. Keyser offers HR consulting services in a variety of areas including, but not limited to, employee handbook and policy development, surveys, compensation benchmarking, HR audits, compliance updates, hiring and termination protocols and procedures, employment contracts, leaves of absence, and wage issues.
- Keyser’s ideal client needs to meet several standards such as, size, geography, high value of customer service AND we have to like you.
- Keyser was established in Kalamazoo, MI in 1937 and is among the top 2% of insurance agencies in the country.
- Keyser serves clients ranging from Employee Benefits, HR Consulting, Commercial coverage & Personal Lines. Employee Benefits & HR Consulting make up 30% of our business.
- Keyser provides all clients a 30-minute emergency call back guarantee or we donate $100 to the charity of your choice. We’re proud to say we’ve never had to pay this.
- Keyser’s relationships with their clients are more to be described as E Harmony—the dating never stops.
- Keyser’s account management mindset is to deliver more value than a client ever feels like they’re paying for.
At our core, we are people who:
- Do what we say. Sometimes more. Never less.
- Always learn and grow. We stretch our limits — professionally and personally.
- Focus on the client. Without our clients we can’t succeed.
- Make it happen. We work as a team and take ownership of our work and actions.
Name: Cassie Goodband
Phone: 269.381.3570, ext. 486
Qualigence International is a talent acquisition and optimization firm dedicated to helping businesses recruit the right people and unlock their best performance. We partner with HR teams across Michigan to help them solve their talent challenges and add greater value.
Below are some of the ways we help HR teams like yours:
- Delivering customized lists of qualified candidates that are interested in your positions
- Slashing recruiting costs with a range of affordable, flexible talent acquisition services
- Driving record engagement and team performance with our optimization platform from the Predictive Index
With our unique hourly business model, we make it easy and affordable to get the assistance you need, when you need it. There's no commissions, no fees, and no BS!
Schedule a consultation with our team today to learn how we can help position your HR team for success.
Name: Steve Lowisz
Phone: 734-432-6300 EXT 201
For nearly 35 years, we have delivered insightful solutions and best-in-class service to family offices, institutional investors and corporate leaders locally and around the country. We believe that institutional consulting means serving as an extension of your leadership team to help make investment decisions that address the challenges you face and help build a strong financial future. Our collaborative approach is unlike most other advisory teams. We combine a highly disciplined process with thought leadership and close communication, defining the Gold Standard for institutional consulting services. Not only do we follow best practices, we create them.
Trion relieves the stress and burden of managing HR administration alone – payroll and taxes, benefits administration, workers’ compensation and regulatory compliance. Trion acts as an extension of client HR departments by managing time-consuming HR duties, so they can remain focused on more strategic HR issues, such as recruiting, hiring, training – along with setting, monitoring and enforcing workplace policies. Its size provides client employees access to better benefits and HR services available usually to only large corporations – all while taking employer risk and regulatory strain off client’ backs. In short, Trion helps clients attract and retain top talent, mitigate risk and stabilize costs.
- Trion Solutions is one of the nation’s largest Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs)
- Trion helps more than 600 client companies nationwide relieve the stress and burden of managing HR administration – like payroll and taxes, benefits administration, workers’ compensation and regulatory compliance
- Small to mid-size companies use Trion as their HR department, so they can remain focused on their core business
- Large companies use Trion as an extension of their existing HR department to handle time-consuming HR work, so their HR staff can stay focused on more strategic HR issues like recruiting, hiring and training employees
- Trion’s corporate headquarters is in Troy, Michigan, and it has major service offices in Aventura, Florida; Scottsdale, Arizona; and, Traverse City, Michigan.
- More about Trion can be learned by visiting www.relyontrion.com.
Name: Dan Russell
Phone: (248) 498-8130
Delta Dental of Michigan is a member of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a nationwide system of independently operated dental health service plans. Delta Dental contracts with four out of five U.S. dentists to provide more than 62 million people nationwide with quality, cost-effective programs and services.
As the state’s largest dental benefits carrier, Delta Dental of Michigan offers a full range of individual and group dental plans for 5.1 million people. Through education, philanthropy and advocacy, Delta Dental of Michigan is bringing oral health within reach for Michigan children and adults. As Delta Dental, we do dental…Better.
Name: Tony Robinson
Phone: (248) 489-2045
Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc., a subsidiary of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG), is one of the leading employee benefit brokers and consultants in the U.S. Our full range of benefit services includes strategy, plan design and management, financialplanning, actuarial, data analysis and benchmarking, retirement brokerage and consulting, and human resource services. Gallagher’s trusted experts bring new ideas, innovative tools and world-class compliance capabilities totailor benefit solutions to our clients’ unique business objectives and employee needs. Our custom solutions ensure benefit programs perform better so businesses perform better. To learn more, visitwww.ajg.com
Name: Kelly Bacalja
HRPro/BenePro is a provider of Total People Solutions, specializing in HR and Benefit Advisory and administrative services. HRPro/BenePro divides its services into four areas: 1) Full service HR Consulting and ongoing tactical support; 2) Benefit advisory and consulting services; 3) HR administration including HRIS support systems and Payroll; 4) Benefit administration including COBRA, HAS, FSA and billing card enrollment services. We offer first class service and technology. We listen to clients’ needs and then develop personalized strategies to meet them. From dedicated Account Managers, easy to use technology, to compliance expertise, HRPro/BenePro delivers
- Pay your people, accurately and on time (Payroll)
- Manage information on your employees (HRIS)
- Provide access to health care, dental and vision (Benefits)
- Direct programs that attract, reward and retain employees (Human Resources)
- Get rid of administrative headaches so you can spend your time building relationships with your employees!
Name: Rebecca Dioso
Phone: (248) 556-7974
Kestly Development, LLC is an authorized Partner with Wiley & Son. In the toolbox are a few of the most recognizable assessments in the industry: PXT Select, ATS, Everything DiSC, and The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team. PXT Select validated employee assessments to help you build and develop an outstanding workforce, while DiSC and the 5B help you develop that competitive edge.
Did you ever hire someone that didn’t work out? We can help you so that you have a much higher degree of confidence when hiring, and get all hiring managers using the same scientific, highly validated, reliable program. Video: https://youtu.be/hW8fpw1Ggu4
- Kestly Development helps organizations select and develop their employees!
- Mike Kestly is considered (by many) to be the "Doctor of Assessments" because he finds out what is hurting, and then prescribes an assessment to help fix or reduce the pain. The key pain relievers are:
- Job Match Assessments like PXT Select
- Safety Assessments like TalentClick driver and facility safety assessments
- Development assessments and training using Everything DiSC
- Team-Building assessment and training like The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team
- And to help find the best candidates he administers an Applicant Tracking System like Applicant Pool with integrated Onboarding Forms, Background Checks, Payroll, and HRIS.
Name: Mike Kestly
Phone: (734) 483-6453
Who is the Lighthouse Insurance Group?
- #1 West Michigan employee benefits firm for the last 5 years per Grand Rapids Business Journal
- Largest independently owned insurance agency in Michigan
- Local Michigan agency with over 60 employees specializing in benefits
- Established in 1960
Strengths of working with Lighthouse as your agency:
- Over 50,000 employees covered for benefit plans
- Leading insurance agency in providing benefits, property/casualty & other specialty insurance products – ONE STOP SHOP
- Onsite nurse or medical clinic capabilities
- Relationship with medical captive – provide unique medical solutions
- Proprietary benchmarking data
- Client services can include – member management with carriers, compliance, wellness programs, robust reporting including ACA reporting
- Retiree support - group life retiree buyouts, group retiree medical coverage
Name: Stacey O’Keefe
More than 7,500 professionals provide 52,000 clients globally with creative solutions in risk management, insurance and employee benefits consulting. Our entrepreneurial Associates are committed to service and empowered with a single-minded focus on delivering results for clients.
From its 1966 founding in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has grown to become the largest privately held insurance broker in the world and 8th largest overall. We’re purposefully unconventional, insatiably curious and Uncommonly Independent.
Lockton opened its first Michigan office in Detroit in 2016, will open a second office in Birmingham July 2020, and an additional office in Grand Rapids next year.
For 11 consecutive years, Business Insurance has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance"? in the U.S.
Name: John Price
Marsh & McLennan Agency’s (MMA) approach to group benefits and risk management is people-centric. We help organizational and HR leaders maximize the potential of their business by maximizing the potential of their people.
Our multi-discipline team comes to the table prepared with ideas about how to tackle each organization's unique challenges, addressing health & benefits, culture & wellbeing, diversity & inclusion, retirement, and safety needs. We'll share the national and global resources and capabilities of the Marsh & McLennan network - one of the largest insurance brokerages in the world. And they'll follow all the way through, turning insights into action.
We're here to help you build a robust benefits plan. To attract the best talent. To elevate and retain your employees. To turn chaos into growth - and to strengthen your bottom line.
How do we do this? It's in our nature. Our team is incredibly smart and driven. Driven to use their intelligence to make a difference, to do what they do best every day, for an extraordinary organization and to work with colleagues who share their gifts and values. We believe in the possibilities of people.
- MMA’s Michigan team has an incomparable client service ratio of no more than 2.50 clients per employee.
- Our overall client satisfaction rating is 98%
- Our client referral rating is also 98%
- Our 15-year controlled client retention rate is 97%
- Our workplace has been recognized consistently over 14 years by the Detroit Free Press, Crain’s Detroit Business, and the Best & Brightest organization
- Our growing team has offices in Troy, Grand Rapids and Livonia.
Name: Denise Christy
Founded in 1962, Michigan Planners has created and upheld a market reputation for delivering consistent service with a family-owned spirt and problem-solving mentality. With three locations in Washington, Ml, Traverse City, and East Lansing, the firm employs nearly 40 employees and services nearly 300 organizations. Our service extends to the organization's administrative team, the employees, and their family members. BIG ENOUGH TO CARE, SMALL ENOUGH TO SERVE ™ .
Name: Laura Van Houtte
Our flexible, all-in-one solution is tailored to help you tackle your unique HR and payroll challenges today so you can focus on tomorrow. Together, with our legendary support, we can get you to the promise of tomorrow.
Whether you have a dozen employees in a corner shop or thousands in every corner of the country, we're constantly evolving our top-rated HR and payroll solutions to meet your needs, today and far into the future.
Priority Health is an award-winning, Michigan-based non-profit health plan nationally recognized for improving the health and lives of the people it serves. It continues to lead the industry in engaging members in their health, delivering effective health and disease management programs and working with physicians to improve health care outcomes and performance. Priority Health is one of only 20 health plans nationwide offering wellness programs accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance, an organization which also rated it among the best health plans in the nation. The State of Michigan named the Priority Health HMO the benchmark plan for all individual and group HMO plans to model.
- Accepted by 97% of primary care doctors in Michigan, plus we provide coverage nationwide for members who live, work or travel out-of-state through our agreement with Cigna Payer Solutions
- We offer 24/7 virtual care for as little as $0 (with no monthly fee)
- Our Cost Estimator shows a member’s cost and rewards them for shopping
- We provide 24/7 global emergency travel assistance through Assist America
- Our care management is available to all members – regardless of plan
- Member have access to a 24/7 behavioral health hotline
- We offer a Diabetes Prevention Program to members at risk
Watch our Employer Solutions video to learn more.
Employer Services: 800.471.2504
Strategic Services Group (SSG) is an insurance consulting and brokerage firm specializing in providing employee benefits to clients across various market sectors and group sizes. We are dedicated to delivering modern brokerage service offerings, analyzing your benefit needs, prioritizing your goals, and providing you with technology and resources that streamline costs and improve the overall performance of your benefits package.
We take a consultative approach in helping our clients solve their toughest employee benefits and HR challenges, and are committed to streamlining the HR role with proven strategic solutions and delivering the most cost-effective benefit packages. Our goal is to ensure everyone – hr, leadership and team members – is always informed and educated about their benefit offerings.
As a team of accomplished industry specialists, we provide unbiased guidance, an unmatched level of service, expertise and support; and, most importantly – we are completely transparent in everything we do. No exceptions.
Name: Noel Parsons
The Economic Alliance for Michigan (EAM) is comprised of businesses and unions working together with one clear objective - continued growth of Michigan's economy by creating an atmosphere that inspires job growth and maintains Michigan's competitiveness for attracting new companies and talent. We rally behind policy and issues that pertain to both our business and labor members including: Economic development; Healthcare/health insurance cost, quality, and access; Workers' compensation; Unemployment insurance; Infrastructure; and, Workforce development.
- Economic Alliance for Michigan (EAM) is comprised of businesses and labor organizations working together and serving as a trusted source for employers and health benefit professionals who are searching for solutions to better manage the costs of benefits and provide access of quality care to their covered populations.
- Advocates for patient safety and adequate access to high quality healthcare
- Work to constrain the number of medically uninsured residents
- Protect the viability of companies in Michigan who are self-insured and fully insured
- Protect the freedom of purchasers right to choose what health benefits are best for them
- Promote publicly available meaningful quality data for health care services
Name: Mike Grudzinski
Director of Membership and Development
USI has served over 150,000 clients meeting their property & casualty, employee benefit, personal risk and retirement needs nationwide. We have more than 100 years of consulting and brokerage experience through our acquired agencies, with local offices dating back in their communities as far as the late 1800s. USI combines industry leading national capabilities delivered through longstanding, passionate and committed local service teams. USI stands for Understand, Service and Innovate. At USI we work to Understand the specific needs of our clients, to provide an unparalleled local Service experience, and to Innovate with cutting edge solutions so our clients can continue to invest and grow.
Our Mission is to assess, enhance and support core business management functions. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the most advanced payroll, time & attendance and human resource software services known today.
- Workforce PayHub is locally owned and operated in Adrian, MI with clients processing in 36 states
- Clients get a dedicated Customer Service Representative (CSR) assigned to them
- Workforce PayHub is more than just a payroll company, we have technology to assist from pre-hire to retire such as applicant tracking, time off management, performance management, payroll, time keeping, benefits administration, background screening, ACA compliance and filing
- Chilah & Eric provide monthly informational 'VLOGs' on LinkedIn and our website
- Workforce PayHub would love to participate in local chapters with sponsorship and exhibit opportunities
Name: Eric Jones
Phone: 517-759-4026 x 101